Google Translator

August 12, 2010

I'm Still Here

I haven't posted in over a month, time has just flown by... I've been busy. In July we took a trip to Cleveland.
We saw...
 Tall Ships...
 Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame...
and the Football Hall of Fame.
Couldn't take pictures in the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame but it was fun to see,hear and read about the evolution of Rock. 
The Football Hall of Fame was fun too.  There are only three of us in my household and I'm the only female, so needless to say  sports pretty much rules the roost here. I've been a fan of football ever since my freshmen year in college when I caught the flu and was sick the whole Christmas break. I watched football with my dad and he explained a few things and realized I actually liked the game. My husband and I have always wanted to visit.
It was hot is Cleveland like every where else this summer. We only stayed for two days and  headed home I drove, we hit such a terrible rain storm just outside the Buffalo New York area it rained hard for about two hours making visibility nearly impossible. I got behind a tractor trailer truck and followed him for quite a while, we made fairly decent time considering. So thank you Mr. Truck Driver where ever you are!
I've been tutoring my great niece for the past three or four weeks or so. She's having a little difficulty with her reading, but I have seen some real improvement lately. I'm so proud of her and she should do fine once school starts again.  Linda, from Prairie Flower Farm and my virtual quilting group, A Dozen Quilters had us make a block with the Grandmother's Garden flower and I've been hooked on hexies ever since.

I've also played around with miniature Dresden Plates...
I made my niece a table topper for the Fourth of July and had some fabric left over and started playing. I started out making Shoo Fly Blocks, my thought was to have them appear to float on a white background. But then thought that it looked a little to stark, so I added some Grand Mother's Flowers...
I call it Shoo Flies from My Gram ma's Garden 
What do you think?

Then I made a pillow for my son's girlfriend. This is also the block I chose for my quilt from A Quilter Dozen.
There's  more but I think I'll save it for another day.









6 comments:

Linda Ruthie said...

It's good to see a new post from you. I love the colors and design on the pillow. Very cheery!

Barb said...

Glad you had a good time, loved the pictures.

Love your hexies...I am doing some but what are you doing for cardboard? I went on ebay to find the person who sells some but couldnt' find it.

Sandra Henderson said...

Glad you had a nice trip. My husband is a huge football fan also! I LOVE your shoofly/hexie quilt! So original and American. Well, I love all of your projects you you've done. How wonderful that you've tutored your niece and can now see an improvement! Good for you! XO

Unknown said...

OH, there you are......I figured you were having a busy summer. It has a way of flying by...
I LOVE the shoo fly quilt....I think it looks awesome...the pillow is pretty sweet too.....

julietk said...

Yes you have been busy, lovely load of makes :-)

stock trading said...

I love the colors and design on the pillow.
I like your blog.