Google Translator

June 16, 2010

School's Out and a Finish

Yay! I'm officially out for the summer. Today was my first free day, I planned to sleep in, wouldn't you know it, Mr. Shoofly  called me at 7:15! That didn't stop me, oh no... I went right back to bed and stayed there until 9:00 am. I puttered around the house for a bit, made breakfast for the Boy, caught up with my blog reading, and that's about it. Tonight I plan on cutting some fabric for the memory quilt and will mail those out tomorrow. Life is good :^) For those of you who are teachers you understand how crazy- busy the end of the year is, throw in a graduation, a retirement party, a moving on ceremony and I just haven't had a whole lot of time for myself. I did manage to finish the Modify Tradition Mini Swap.

front
back... 
Apologies for the poor quality pictures they don't do the quilt justice, I took them at 6:00 a.m.yesterday it was  a misty morning. This was inspired by a blue and white antique quilt recently I spied in a  LQS .  The block has two names, English Wedding Ring and Crown of Thorns is that kind of and Oxymoron?

8 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun quilt...really really love the colors...

Val said...

Well I am impressed! This is gorgeous.

julietk said...

Thats a very nice quilt :-) I like Blue and white. Thanks for your good wishes on my blog :-)

Unknown said...

it's a beautiful little quilt and I love the colors.....I hope you have the best summer ever and that is lasts a long, long time....Have you ever noticed how quickly time goes by when you are on vacation?

Deb @ PlainStitch said...

Love that block and the blue/white combo. I really want to make a two tone quilt but I just haven't had the discpline yet! Enjoy your summer off!

lindaschiffer said...

Patty, I LOVE the quilt you made for me - what a pretty little quilt! :) Thanks so much.

I hope you are having a good summer - you haven't posted since the 4th? Hope you are busy having FUN and not being sick or something. :P

:) Linda

Unknown said...

Love the purple and green in this quilt. It just looks so happy.

Patty C. said...

You are so good at this ;)